I wish you all a Happy and Prosperous New Year 2012. I hope everyone had a great New Year celebrations. As with every new year, let us hope this year shall bring more happiness and prosperity to all.
I am going to list some of my goals to achieve in the year 2012 both professional and personal.
The first thing that comes to my mind when I start writing my goals is my blog post that I wrote on Jan 1st 2012 (about goals in 2010). If I look at those goals mentioned in that blog, I have to say, I did not achieve many of those goals, so this question comes to mind, Is it good to list my goals and fall short once again? I am sure it is easy to aim low and achieve it but if you aim low, you will not look higher. So I decided I shall aim for a bit higher, get motivated and achieve as much as I can..
Here is the list (first professional and finally personal)
- Write more content on my blog (at least 150 blog posts).
- Continue writing SQL Server Tidbits throughout the year.
- Finish at least 6 chapters in Learn SQL Server for Beginners Sections.
- Improve the content in Interview Questions and Answers Section.
- Participate in SQL Server Forums (at least 365 forum posts).
- Put every effort to make this happen, Pass Chapter in/around Harrisburg, PA.
- Attend PASS Summit in Seattle in November 2012.
- Record SQL Server Videos and publish them.
- Take at least 1 certification exam.
- Tweet more often.
- Do more charity.
- Be an improved Tennis Player.
At the end of the year 2012, I shall review how many of these goals were achieved and how well I fared on a scale of 10 for each of these goals.
— Bru Medishetty