March 31st 2010
- In Replication, a database that is chosen as a publisher can be set to any of the three recovery models.
March 30th 2010
- A database must necessarily be in Full Recovery Model to be configured with Database Mirroring.
March 29th 2010
- SQL Server Failover Clustering does not provide a redundancy in case of failure of the shared disks.
March 28th 2010
- In a Failover Cluster, the shared drives needs to be added to SQL Server dependency before using those drives to hold database files.
March 27th 2010
- There are 8 types of Data Pages in SQL Server.
March 26th 2010
- SSMS cannot be used to work with SQL Server 2000 database diagrams, Enterprise Manager should be used instead.
March 25th 2010
- One of the important things to monitor on a SQL Server – Free space available in the Databases.
March 24th 2010
- Msdb.dbo.syscategories table contains the list of categories that a SQL Server Job can be categorized.
March 23rd 2010
- Using a Linked Server, a remote database can be queried using 4 part notation.
March 22nd 2010
- In SQL Server, the total size of the Index Key columns cannot be greater than 900 bytes.
March 21st 2010
- Dettach / Attach cannot be performed on System Databases in SQL Server.
March 20th 2010
- TempDB Database cannot be backed up.
March 19th 2010
- In Addition to the database options, all the database objects of the Model database are created when a new database is created.
March 18th 2010
- A SQL Agent Job need not always start from the step 1, it can be configured to start from any step other than the 1st step.
March 17th 2010
- Using SQL Server Dynamic Management View sys.dm_io_cluster_shared_drives we can query and retrieve the shared drives for the SQL Server in a clustered environment.
March 16th 2010
- SQL Agent Jobs can have multiple schedules.
March 15th 2010
- By default every new database that is created has exactly the same database options that are set to Model database.
March 14th 2010
- MSDB database has a table dbo.backupset which contains information regarding all backups of databases on that instance.
March 13th 2010
- It is a good practice to name the database objects without spaces, i.e a table with name “EmployeeDetails” is better than a table named “Employee Details”.
March 12th 2010
- The database snapshot can be created only on the same SQL Server on which the source database exists.
March 11th 2010
- The database is not available with Detach/Attach procedure.
March 10th 2010
- Detach / Attach DB is one of the ways to move a database from one server to another server.
March 9th 2010
- .NET Framework 3.5 is one of the software pre-requisites for Installing SQL Server 2008.
March 8th 2010
- Online indexing is available only in the Enterprise Edition of SQL Server 2005 / 2008.
March 7th 2010
- Online indexing is introduced in SQL Server 2005, enables users to access the data from the underlying tables when indexes are created or maintained.
March 6th 2010
- In a Database Mirroring configuration, the Witness Server need not be of the same SQL Server Edition as the Principal and the Mirror Servers.
March 5th 2010
- A Maximum of 16 Columns can be used in a composite index key.
March 4th 2010
- When installing a 64-bit SQL Server, you do not need to enable AWE option in SQL Server.
March 3rd 2010
- In a 32-bit SQL Server installation, you need to enable AWE option in SQL Server so that additional memory above 3 GB can be utilized by SQL Server.
March 2nd 2010
- Local temporary tables created using a #tablename are deleted as soon as the connection that creates it is closed or ends.
March 1st 2010
- Having clause can be used only with a Group by clause.