February 28th 2010
- Integration Services can be installed only once on a Server and is irrespective of the individual instances on that server.
February 27th 2010
- Beginning from SQL Server 2005, exception handling can be performed using TRY / CATCH.
February 26th 2010
- @@ERROR is used in error handling in SQL Server 2000.
February 25th 2010
- When using Union / Union All, Order by can be used only at the end of the SQL statement.
February 24th 2010
- From Keyword is an optional in a Delete Statement.
February 23rd 2010
- SQL Server cannot be reinstalled on a compressed drive. (Contributed by Arsalan Khan)
February 22nd 2010
- Default constraint will be enforced when a record is inserted into a table, when no value for that column is passed, the default value is inserted into that column.
February 21st 2010
- Default constraint can be applied on any columns except Identity columns.
February 20th 2010
- Into Keyword is optional in an Insert Statement.
February 19th 2010
- Enterprise Evaluation Edition is free to download and expires after a period of 180 days of Installation, has all the features available in an Enterprise Edition.
February 18th 2010
- Page Life Expectancy is a counter that indicates the average value (in seconds) the data pages are stored in the memory.
February 17th 2010
- It is a good practice to name the database backups in such a way that it is easier to know what type of backup it is, which database does it belong to, the date and time it was performed such as “Testdb_Full_02172010_5PM.Bak“.
February 16th 2010
- When restoring a database from database snapshot, only the snapshot from which it is being restored should exist, all the other snapshots needs to be dropped.
February 15th 2010
- Having multiple data files for a large database has a performance benefit.
February 14th 2010
- The Maximum Degree of Parallelism will take effect without restarting the SQL Server.
February 13th 2010
- Non-Clustered is the default Index type created when the type of index is not mentioned in the create Index statement.
February 12th 2010
- A Publisher is the source server / system in a Replication setup.
February 11th 2010
- SSIS Packages can be deployed inside SQL Server or as File System packages.
February 10th 2010
- Wide Tables are special kind of tables which can contain a maximum of 30,000 columns.
February 9th 2010
- Triggers are also set of T-SQL code as stored procedures, but triggers are executed when an event occurs on which that trigger is defined they cannot be executed manually.
February 8th 2010
- Stored procedure is piece of T-SQL code that is stored on the SQL Server and can be executed when needed by executing the stored procedure.
February 7th 2010
- Inner Join is the default type of join.
February 6th 2010
- Since differential backups contains all the changes since the last Full backup, they tend grow in size with the time.
February 5th 2010
- When Authentication mode of an Instance is changed, the Instance needs to be restarted to take effect.
February 4th 2010
- Backups of a higher version cannot be restored on a lower version of SQL Server, i.e. SQL Server 2008 Database backup cannot be restored on SQL Server 2005 or 2000 etc.
February 3rd 2010
- A Table can have only 1 Primary Key assigned which can be on a single column or multiple columns.
February 2nd 2010
- A maximum of 25 instances can be installed in a failover cluster in SQL Server 2005 / 2008.
February 1st 2010
- A maximum of 32,767 files and 32,767 filegroups can be specified for each database.